I'm Julius Seporaitis. As a Head of Engineering at a startup,
I am building teams, tools, and technologies. Despite the title, I am a very
hands-on engineer and can find my way around in any of the mainstream
programming languages, but have most expertise in Python, Django, Ansible,
and AWS. I have spent about 14 years in startups and freelancing.
Outside of work, I have somewhat eclectic hobbies - amateur radio, beer brewing, close-up magic, radio astronomy, street photography, to name a few, and most recently - growing vegetables in the balcony. Below are some recent scribblings, some - old. All of them represent my thoughts and not those of any of my employer.
- Review: Speeding Up Your Django Tests - 25 May 2020
- Large Scale Refactoring With PyBowler - 19 May 2020
- Jigsaw As A Metaphor - 08 May 2020
- Thoughts On @staticmethod Usage In Python - 05 May 2020
- Tracking OKRs On Phabricator - 19 Jan 2019
- Free AWS Account Security Monitoring - 12 Jan 2019
- Being Friendly On Email - 26 Nov 2014
- Most Url Dispatchers Are Redundant. - 26 Feb 2014
- An Essay For Aspiring Engineers - 12 Feb 2014
- There Is A Problem With Web Frameworks - 27 Feb 2012